Sunday, January 1, 2012

Culinary Adventures

Larkin has been very excited about cooking lately. She makes Emile and Finn sandwiches and loves baking. Finn fell in love with a stainless steel lunchbox set at the co-op and Larkin bought it for him for Christmas. She has since packed him several lunches for hikes. It's very sweet.

Larkin has recently helped with everything from peanut butter cookies:


To lasagna:


As a side note, I made a red sauce for the lasagna that was so yummy both Larkin and Finn ate a full bowl straight.

And, of course, she helped with the holiday chocolates:


Yeah, I have no delusions regarding why my family likes to visit at Christmas.

Meanwhile, Finn has been occasionally surprising me with his gastronomical requests. Up until recently, he has mostly chosen from options I present to him, but lately he has been coming up with his own, sometimes rather bizarre, food combinations. I wish I remembered more of his requests, but one was a cheese and hot dog sandwich. I mean, *just* cheese and hot dog-- no bread.


So far, he has eaten all of his odd requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment