Monday, April 27, 2009

Dear Birth Parents...

While playing with friends this weekend, Larkin asked Taylor (her "big girl friend") to take down a letter for her:

"Dear Birth Parents,

I live in an orphanage and I hope I find you. It was Baltor, the monster, that took my birth parents. I hope you meet all my big girl friends some day. Watch out for the spit weed! It spits spit balls at you! Watch out for the screaming monkeys! If you go too close they will throw coconuts at you!

Love,

Larkin"

2 comments:

  1. That's so random and weird and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I (of course) also find it unutterably weird and cool it is actually not as random as one might think. The orphan theme is, I think, coming from the same source as "Baltor": the "Winx Club" anime'ish Italian cartoon she found on youtube. The spit weed... ok, as far as I know totally random. But then the monkeys and coconuts I think are from a mashup of The Wizard of Oz and some Dora the Explorer episodes.

    ReplyDelete